We all need good data exchange. But you can’t exchange good data, and make good use of that data, without good terminology infrastructure and management. What does that look like, and why should you invest in a terminology server?Slides >
We will provide a brief overview of the FHIR Terminology Services API, look at the use cases it supports, and discuss specifics of what and how Ontoserver supports. We will discuss the deployment architecture and how Ontoserver supports content syndication and why. Finally, we will look at some of the technical challenges faced and how we addressed them as well as new work.Slides >
* What's wrong with CodeSystem and ValueSet.
* Why Aidbox introduced Concept resource.
* Translate Terminology API with Concept:
* Lookup and Expand as Search
* Bulk load for uniform terminology distribution
* Read for validate (+ bulk optimizations)
* Two phase terminology - separate terminology design and runtime.
You can play with Aidbox Terminology Notebook in the aidbox.app for free. Here’s how to do it in three simple steps:
1. sign up on aidbox.app,
2. create an FHIR server
3. find the Terminology Notebook in Aidbox
Join our subscribers list to get educational materials, updates and interesting articles about Aidbox & HL7 FHIR.
FHIR® is the registered trademark of HL7 and is used with the permission of HL7. This event is not sponsored by HL7. The FHIR trademark does not constitute endorsement of the content of the products and/or presentations presented by HL7.