Narus Health provides care management and population support services to self-insured employers throughout the United States. Narus Health designed a technology solution to facilitate business processes and improve the member experience.
Narus Health needed technology to enable its care management service. They wanted to develop solutions that would allow clinicians to provide quality care and create a modern patient and family experience.
The Narus Health platform is comprised of three primary components. A web-based EMR that facilitates care management, a mobile application designed to create a communication avenue between patients and care managers, and a reporting platform to measure key performance indicators and provide insight to customers.
Narus Health developed its platform using HL7 FHIR as a data model. After evaluating the market, Narus Health selected Aidbox as their FHIR platform because of its maturity and the knowledge of the engineers available from Health Samurai. Narus Health released its platform to production after one year of development in partnership with Health Samurai.
Compassion is a nurse facing care support system. It facilitates the generation of a personalized care plan for every single patient.
• Patient Health Record (PHR)
• Automated personalized care plan generation
• Document storage, search, and categorization
• Secure messenging for patients, caregivers, and family members.
mPower is a mobile application for iOS and Android that was designed to be used by patients, caregivers, and family members. It allows patients to report symptoms, communicate with clinicians, export and share their patient record.
• My Data is a comprehensive view of the patient Personal Health Record (PHR). It includes demographic data, insurance information, medications, allergies, immunizations, documentation generated during each encounter, and a personalized care plan.
• Medications that the patient is taking including both prescriptions and over-the-counter medications are available in mPower. It provides suitable dosage and other educational information and helps to track patient adherence with the treatment.
• Symptom Reporting allows patients and caregivers to report symptoms in real-time using mPower mobile app. It utilizes the Edmonton Symptom Assessment System (ESAS) for assessment of symptoms common in cancer and palliative care patients. The developed technology sends notifications to Narus Health care team if some symptoms need an immediate intervention of a clinician.
• Secure messaging enables secure group communication in real-time between patients, their family members, and Narus Health clinicians. The conversations include text, photos and documents.
• Care Team is a complete list of contacts that patients need for their care process. All the care team members are one click away in mPower.
Aidbox data is loaded every 3 hours into a relational data warehouse. Tableau is then used to rapidly develop visualizations for customers, clinicians, operations and the financial team. These insights provide the business with near real-time views into the KPIs, metrics, and status of the business.
Narus Health leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host all of its software services. The Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) allows Narus to run its platform in a logically isolated environment. Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) provides a platform to deploy, manage and scale docker containers for the application layer. PostgreSQL hosted by Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) provides encrypted, scalable and highly available storage.
Narus Health made a decision to use Health Samurai Aidbox FHIR platform for the development of their technology.
They used the following aidbox features:
• FHIR storage for clinical data
• Highly available infrastructure
• FHIR API
• Terminology server with FHIR, ICD-10, NPI, and RxNorm
• HIPAA and security safeguards
Aidbox allowed Narus Health to cut time to market by approximately 50% and build a large enterprise system that currently serves hundreds of clients in less than a year with a team of just 4 engineers.
Get in touch with us today!